Have you ever sat in the direct sun for a long lunch? It can be torture on hot days. You could be at home or at your local restaurant, and a outdoor umbrella can make the difference between having a nice day and feeling like you are being roasted for lunch. Here are some really great reasons you should invest in a good patio umbrella.
- Patio umbrellas are a must for anybody who lives in a sunny or tropical place. More than one could be a good idea, especially if you entertain a group of people at parties.
- A patio umbrella can also provide shelter from a summer rain that might be rolling through. Larger market umbrellas or Offset Umbrellas can give shelter to a whole bunch of people at the same time, and maybe even save a picnic or two.
- An umbrella can also be bought to add a complimentary decorative item to your patio area. There are many choices when it comes to the colors and patterns available and they are typically made from the same outdoor fabrics that patio cushions are made, like Sunbrella or Outdura fabrics. The key thing is to get fabric that is water, mold, mildew and UV resistant like outdoor solution dyed acrylics.
- Have fun matching your umbrella to the decor in your garden patio. If you own wood furniture, it’s worth trying to match wood with wood, but not necessary. Otherwise you could buy an aluminum umbrella that will give you fewer hassles and require little effort to open.
- A mobile umbrella is good choice given their versatility. You can place one any spot that you need the cover and are easy enough to move so that you can adjust them as the sun rises or sets. The trick is to place them to maximize their cover while keeping them out of the way.
- Make sure to choose an umbrella that is the right size. If it is too small then somebody or something is always left out of the cover. If it is too large, it might be very difficult to open and close or to move around if it is a portable version.
- Reduce Heat. The right combination of patio umbrellas can reduce your patio heat by as much as 20%!