Hammocks are a wonderful way to relax outside in your outdoor room. When laying in one you get the feeling of weightlessness and freedom that is extraordinarily relaxing. One of the most popular styles of hammocks are Mayan Hammocks.
If you’re looking into buying your first Mayan Hammack, also called a Mexican Hammock, there are a few things you should consider. The Mayan hammock comes in different sizes, styles, and fabrics and the combinations can be endless. Hopefully, this guide will point you in the right direction so you can get the hammock that’s just right for you.
Getting The Right Size
- If you want a hammock just for one, you’ll have the most options when it comes time to choose your place to lounge. A large hammock lets you sprawl out, but with the added benefit of having room if someone else wants to get in!
- A hammock specifically built for two people is necessary if you want to pile on an extra person. You’ll be surprised how often more than one person wants in on relaxing all cozy style a hammock, so be prepared! A little planning will give your two much more comfort.
- Hammocks that fit more than two people are perfect for family affairs. Lounge out in the yard and read your kids a good book, but make sure you have enough room with a Mayan hammock built for more people.
Picking the Right Material
- Thick String Cotton: These hammocks are the most durable fabric, and will last a long time. Thick gauge cotton is 3-4 times the size of the usual size cord, but it has the same incredible comfort. These heavy duty loungers will hold the whole family, but remain comfy enough for just one lone lounger.
- Comfy Cotton: Cotton hammocks will cradle you in comfort! Cotton stretches and molds itself to your body shape, so your hammock will always be a soft and relaxing surface to relax in. Cotton is less hardy than other materials, but proper care will ensure you have a comfortable perch for years to come.
- Nylon Mayan hammocks feel firm and strong under your back, and are more rigid than cotton. Don’t mistake that for discomfort though, nylon is smooth as silk and provides extra support. Nylon hammocks offer more durability and longer lasting color and strength for a long relaxation relationship.
With the right combination of size and material, you’re sure to pick out the right hammock for your home and family. Don’t forget the fruity umbrella drink.